- Tomatoes – 3 fresh diced. Roma’s are great for this, but whatever you have. If you can acquire vine ripened, they are so much better in taste….
- Onion – 1 chopped small
- Bell pepper – 1 large, cored, seeded and diced.
- Cilantro – 1 bunch, washed, stemmed and chopped.
- Fresh hot pepper – 1 jalapeño or chili verde. chopped.
- Mexican or key lime – 1/2. It is much easier to add more than to try and take it away.
Mix all ingredients and serve chilled with your favorite chips. Also good on cooked plantains, added to a breakfast omelette, baked eggs, etc. Use your imagination.
****recipe supplied by Monica Brewer