Several years ago, while camped in my motor home on a beautiful beach in Mexico, I was introduced to something very wonderful and new. I had just returned from a long ride on the dunes on the buggy and was ready for something relaxing and refreshing.
Be careful with this concoction, as it is very, very addictive. And, it will sneak up and bite you like a rattle snake in the bushes.
- High quality margarita mix
- Tequila – brown or white
- blender full of crushed ice
- Fresh cilantro – 1/2 bunch (large stems removed)
- Cayenne pepper – 1/8 teaspoon. If you are a bit wimpy, start with several good shakes. Increase as your strength increases!
- Sea salt
- Jalapeño – optional as desired
Follow directions and add the mix and Tequila to the ice. Add cilantro and cayenne and blend until smooth. Pour into salt & cayenne rimmed margarita glasses. A great way to rim the glass is to take a lemon or lime wedge and get the rim wet. Then dip glass in the salt and cayenne mix. For an optional taste sensation, add 1 pickled jalapeño to the blender. The jalapeño will not only make it hotter, but will markedly change the flavor. Try it both ways.