- 1 cup almond meal or flour
- 1 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Use Butter Ghee to lightly grease baking sheet..
- In a bowl, mix together the almond meal or flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, and onion powder. Cut in the butter until combined. Stir in the cheddar.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a hand mixer. Fold the eggs into the dry ingredients and use the mixer until combined.
- Spoon the dough into eight rounds on the baking sheet. Flatten to approximately 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Optional – delete onion and add a small handful of raisins and a few liberal sprinkles of cinnamon.
Makes 18 very light biscuits.