This is no ordinary salad. This is a delicious, nutrient dense salad. Braggs Liquid Amino’s provide 16 different amino acids. Kale is one of the best dark, leafy greens you can eat. Parsley is rich in vitamins K, C and A, while cilantro has amazing antioxidant properties. If using hemp seeds, you are adding omega 3 and omega 6 fats. Pumpkin seeds add a boost of magnesium.
- Raw Tahini – 1/4 cup. Raw is preferable, but roasted can also be used.
- Lemon Juice – 1/4 fresh squeezed.
- Filtered water – 1/4 cup.
- Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s – 2 Tbsp
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Fresh kale – 1 bunch. Pull leaves from ribs and break into bite size pieces.
- Parsley – 1 bunch, remove large stems.
- Cilantro – 1 bunch, remove stems.
- Tomatoes, 2, diced. Leave the seeds!
- Avocado, 1 not overly ripe, diced.
- Dried or roasted pumpkin seed or hemp seeds. (Pilots, be wary of eating hemp seeds in case you have to perform a no notice pee test). Both are packed with nutrients.
Mix salad ingredients and drizzle dressing, toss and serve on a bed of romaine lettuce with a no gluten pumpkin or banana nut bread, slathered with butter.
**** This recipe supplied by my niece, Laura Young, is the mother of 5 (presently) whom home schools and never serves her kids fast food. They are incredibly well balanced and healthy kids. She, husband Cliff and children reside in Texas. Check out her blog, todaysdose.