- Green tart crisp macintosh apples – 4-6 diced
- Raisins plain or mixed – 1/2 cup
- Dried cherries, or dried cranberries – 1/2 cup. For an unbelievable change of pace, substitute dried orange flavored cranberries.
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup. Walnuts of almonds or whatever you happen to have on hand.
- Celery – 1/2 cup chopped
- Lemon – 1/4 juiced
- Whole egg organic mayonnaise- 1/2 cup. (or your favorite vegan substitute. You can also substitute whole milk plain yogurt.)
Combine all ingredients. Cover, chill and serve. Make sure that while you are chilling, you keep the salad covered with either film wrap or a lid.
For a change of pace, add cayenne pepper and/or 1/2 package of chocolate chips. Consider topping with other fresh fruit. Sliced bananas is an excellent choice. Add them just prior to serving or they will get brown. Another treat option would be to top with fresh whipped cream.