- Whole tomatoes – 5-6, cut into quarters
- Garlic cloves 4
- Whole red onion – 1 cut into 1/8 (rough chop)
- Fresh basil 1/2 cup chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Shredded parmesan cheese 1/2 cup
- Sea salt and pepper to taste.
Toss all contents in a bowl to coat with oil and salt+pepper. Heat oven to 400. Roast for 20 to 25 min. Pull from oven. Add all contents to a food processor or blender till smooth. Add parmesan cheese. Can be used for a variety of purposes. Especially good on pasta.
****recipe supplied by my nephew, George.