- Cream of Chicken Soup (26 oz cans) – 2 cans
- Cream of Mushroom (26 oz cans) – 2 cans
- white or brown onion – 1 diced
- shredded cheddar cheese – 1 pound
- shredded Monterrey Jack cheese – 1 pound
- 16 oz tub of sour cream – 16 oz tub – use full fat if you can find it. It is healthier and provides less carbs. This is a good thing. Might as well use your allotment of carbs for beer, wine, etc.
- green chili’s of choice – 3-4 peeled
- garlic powder – 1 tablespoon
- diced black olives – 1 can. Try it with and without.
- corn tortillas (taco size) – 24
Combine cans of soup, onion, sour cream, peeled chili and garlic into blender. Blend for 1 full minute. Lightly cook corn tortillas in frying pan using oil.
In large casserole dish….Layer 6-8 corn tortillas on bottom of dish, layer evenly with both cheese blends (1/3 of total cheese). From blender, pour soup mix (1/3) over cheese layers.
Repeat above steps until ingredients are used. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 35-40 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving!
****This recipe is being supplied by Fil Butierez. Fil has an extensive background in the food & beverage industry. These recipes were created and used for his mobile catering business for large events. Fil is a father of 3 and a very young grandfather of 2. He lives in Tucson, AZ.