- Beef steak – 1 pound, give or take. This can be as expensive or inexpensive as your budget allows. Get the butcher to show you some good choices. Stew meat will work, as will tenderloin. The trick is to cut the steak ‘with the grain’. All roasts and meat cuts will be enhanced by learning the secret of the cut. This applies to beef, turkey and ham. Meat is muscle and has a grain that is easily discernible if you look for it. Cut it perpendicular to the grain. Never cut parallel to the grain. The meat will be tough and almost inedible if you do.
- Green or Bell Peppers – 4
- Brown onion – 1
- Olive Oil – 1/4 cup
- Canned whole tomatoes – 2
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- White or wheat flour – 1/2 cup