You can have a hearty meat breakfast using any of the following:
- Bacon There are many varieties. Experiment as none are regarded as particularly healthy on a regular basis. Apple cured or maple cured are wonderful.
- Sausage – either link or patty. For my taste, I prefer the hot and spicy.
- Steak – rib eye or skirt.
- Smoked Salmon or herring
- Smoked Oysters out of the can
- Corn Beef Hash. If you are taking it from the can, open the can then turn it over on a plate or bowl and open the other end of the can and push out the meat. Slice it 3/4 of an inch thick and fry in a medium to hot lightly oiled skillet. Since the meat is already cooked, just fry it to your liking.
- Scrapple This is extremely rare in most parts of the US. You might be able to find it frozen. In Amish country, it should be readily available fresh. Cut it in slices and fry in lightly oiled frying pan or skillet until golden brown. It will crumble in the pan if you don’t get the heat just right.
- The sky is the limit. Whatever you might have on hand, from the freezer or from your game pantry.