- Scallops (large) 8 (4 per person)
- Pancetta – 4 ounces (If you can’t find it, substitute bacon. Just don’t use maple cured. It will totally distort the taste of the food).
- Heavy cream – 4 ounces
- Pepper Jack Cheese – 2 ounces
- Grits – 2 packages
- Cajun Seasoning – 1/2 cup
- Micro Greens – small bunch
There are 5 easy separate steps to follow:
- Dip each scallop flat side into Cajun seasoning mix coating the scallop. Using a heavy cast iron pan, get temp hot so that when you drop the scallop into the pan, it immediately starts to sizzle and cook. After 45 seconds flip the scallop to the other side. (Do not overcook scallops).
- Cook chopped coarse raw pancetta in the oven until crisp – 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, melt the Pepper Jack Cheese in 4 ounces of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 portions of grits using “Quaker Instant Grits”, then add ½ cup heavy cream.
- Plate the above by placing a large dollop of the grits in the center of the plate, add scallops to each corner. Next pour melted cheese over the scallops and grits. Finally, add crumbled pancetta and a garnish of micro greens and serve while it is hot!
****recipe provided by Franco Brady. Franco is foodservice professional who has been involved in cooking since he was 14 years old. He has been involved in 3 Super Bowls, The Grey Cup and the opening of professional (MLB) baseball stadiums throughout the southwestern USA. He is father to 3 boys and 1 girl and cooks at home during his off time. Hobbies include all sports, skiing, wine and cooking. That’s right – why not do it all!