Super simple. Very similar to an earlier recipe posted for biscuits.
- 1 cup finely ground chick pea flour
- 1 cup finely ground raw almond flour (just get raw almonds and grind them in your blender)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking yeast (mix in 2 tbsp warm water and let stand 5 minutes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (garlic salt is a nice flavor)
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 4 tbsp butter or ghee
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- optional ingredients – sliced black or green pitted olives, olive tapenade or tomato pesto
Mix all ingredients completely. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Spoon (don’t flatten) on ghee greased baking sheet. Should yield 8 biscuits. Bake at 350 ° for 15 minutes. Let cool on wire rack 5 minutes then, if serving right away, put them in a napkin wrapped bowl. Otherwise, refrigerate and use for up to 4 days. Makes a great grilled cheese sandwich, especially if using a foreman type sandwich press.