- 1 cup chick pea flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal or flour
- 1/2 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp rosemary (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons cold butter or ghee, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- optional: 1/2 cup sliced olives, green or black
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease baking sheet.
In a bowl, mix together the all ingredients. Using a hand mixer, beat the mix until thoroughly mixed. Add olives, if desired, after mixing.
Spoon the dough into eight rounds on the baking sheet. Flatten to approximately 1/4-inch thickness.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Biscuits are good for several days. Each biscuit contains less than 8 grams carbs. Nutritional content is very high in protein.