This recipe is designed to be scrumptious, easy, healthy and very low in starchy carbs. You will be impressed as will all your guests! (By the way, many more easy recipes like this one are in my book, Fighter Pilot in the Kitchen)
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 bell pepper cored and sliced
- 4-6 green zucchini squash, sliced lengthwise about 1/4 inch wide
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon oregano
“FPK Pizza Sauce” (Use in all manner of dishes, with or without meat.)
- 2 cans chopped canned (or equivalent fresh) tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian spice
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons first cold pressed organic olive oil
Add the sauce ingredients to a sauce pan, heat to light boil, then cool for later use.
In a glass casserole, liberally oil with olive oil, layer squash, then bell pepper, cover with FPK Pizza Sauce, half of the cheese.
Grill chicken breast to brown with grill marks on both sides. Quarter and lay on the above veggies, cover with remaining pizza sauce, and top with remaining cheese.
Cook in oven at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes to one hour. Uncover and broil to lightly brown the cheese. Serve. Should serve 2-4.
Before and after cooking: