You might have noticed the FPK in the Title. Well, we have adopted the FPK as an acronym of Fighter Pilot in the Kitchen. Check out the cookbook of the same name on Amazon, available in paperback or Kindle. (Kindle version is only $.99).
So simple and incredibly delicious. Also, great for the Lenten Fast and of course, no wheat!!
- Frozen seafood mix – 20 ounces (should contain shrimp, calamari, octopus, clams, white fish (if not fasting)
- Filtered water – 1 quart
- Cooked black or wild rice – 1/2 cup
- Celery stalk – 3 sliced thin
- White onion – 1/2 Chopped
- Green onion with greens – sliced
- Green Zucchini – 4 quartered, then halved
- Chopped parsley – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Arugula – small bunch
- lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Seafood blackening powder – to taste
- Cayenne pepper – to taste
Sauté celery, onion, zucchini in butter ghee or coconut oil, add water and thawed seafood, spices, lemon juice. Bring to a boil, simmer on very low for about 1 hour. Before serving, add cooked rice, parsley and arugula. (skip the rice if on a low carb program).
Add Piri-Piri (Portuguese hot sauce) or other hot sauce, add desired. Serve with avocado, garnished with fried plantains and fresh kiwi.